Procedures for Complaints of Breach or Unauthorized Release of Personally Identifiable
Parents, eligible students (18+ years old), teachers and other Community Roots Charter School
employees may submit a complaint regarding a breach or unauthorized release of personally
identifiable information in writing to the:
Data Protection Officer
Community Roots Charter School
51 Saint Edwards Street, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Upon the receipt of such a complaint:
- The Data Protection Officer shall promptly acknowledge the receipt of the complaint.
- The Data Protection Officer shall promptly conduct an investigation and issue a report of
findings to the complainant.
- The Data Protection Officer shall determine whether notice of an unauthorized release of
personally identifiable information must be provided to government agencies and/or private
individuals pursuant to state or federal data privacy laws, and shall send such notice if required.
- The Data Protection Officer shall take any necessary remediations and precautions to
protect personally identifiable information in accordance with state and federal laws and
- The Data Protection Officer shall maintain a record of all complaints of breaches or
unauthorized releases of student data and their disposition in accordance with
applicable data retention policies.