The following community-based programs offer fee-based after school classes for the CRCS Elementary School community. Each of these programs include pick-up from CRCS Elementary School and take students to a recreational activity at an off-site indoor or outdoor location. Please note: these programs are not affiliated with Community Roots Charter School.
Classes generally run from September through December 2022. Exact details of each program’s start and end dates can be found in the registration links below.
1. Aegir Boardworks (T, W, Th) Register (note: pick-up is available on Wednesday)
Outdoor skate lessons for kids of all levels. Our classes involve small groups of 1-3 students with each instructor. Our team of skate instructors are all local skaters that are passionate about teaching kids how to skate. Location: Golconda Park near CRCS.
2. Broken Bones Skateboard Club (W) Register
BB Skate Club promotes skateboarding in a fun, safe, and friendly environment. We are the Supreme Skateboarding Club in New York City. Location: Golconda Park near CRCS.
3. Brooklyn Music School (M, T, W, Th, F) Register (note: Ages 5-11)
Brooklyn’s most creative After School Program, Arts Reaching Youth (ARY), offers a range of creative options with classes in music, dance, & theater, along with homework support and healthy snacks for children ages 5-11.
4. New York Society of Play (W, Th) Register (note: Ages 7-13)
Game Room is a game-based after school program. In this class, students will be exposed to a wide spectrum of games across a range of media. This will include epic sword fighting in the park, opening one’s mind with Dungeons & Dragons, becoming a master at the Pokemon Trading Card game, and more!
5. Futbol Rebels (W) Register (note: K-3rd grades)
Our after school soccer program is designed to help players learn the game, master the ball and increase their skills by playing in a fun learning environment with friends and classmates! Location: PS20.
6. Gymstars (M, T, Th, F) Register
Action-packed with exciting skills to learn and movement routines that motivate and challenge! Class warms up with lively music, next we condition with cross mat tumbling, an obstacle course of Gymnastic & Circus skills. Location: Trilok Fusion Arts School.
- MONDAYS: Gymnastics, Hip Hop (w/ Ms Nedra!) & T-Tots
- TUESDAYS: Gymnastics & Parkour (w/ Coach Flex!) & Ballet/Tap
- THURSDAYS: Gymnastics, Ballet/Tap Combo (w/ Ms Nedra!)
- FRIDAYS: Gymnastics, Cheerleading & African (w/ Ms Nedra!)